Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Story


. . . I knew it. I knew it was coming.
      It had been over 20 minutes! Where was he? He was just changing out his shirt for the blue stripped button up and he should have come out by now. What in the world was taking him so long?
      It was New Years Eve 2014. Jonathan was home and it had been wonderful. Better than I could have imagined. I felt closer to him now than ever. . . We love having pictures, so I had arranged to take a little photo shoot. My friend and soon to be Sister-in-Law, Amanda, does
photography as a hobby and she was more than willing to take on the project.      

      We were at Acworth Beach and the sun was setting. We'd already taken about 100+ shots over across the bridge where the water had been drained out for the winter. It turned out to be very unique scenery. I was wearing the green army jacket that Jonathan had bought so sweetly as a belated Christmas present. I put on his dog tags to complete the look. I felt pretty. And loved.
      Over by the beach, I took off the jacket and slipped on the sweater that my sister had let me borrow and donned my favorite accent: pearls. Amanda suggested that we snap a few singles of just me while Jon changed. After we walked down to the dock and took a few shots, that's when I started to wonder. . . Why hadn't he come out here yet? We're literally running out of daylight!
      I made yet another comment to Amanda about how the guys were probably talking about something manly and ridiculous. . . But then, I saw him. . . All dressed out in his Blues.
      And I knew.

      Jon and I had gone to the mall a few days before, looked at a few different shops just to browse. But then a day later, Jon wanted to go back to the mall to buy me a Christmas present. Of course, I knew what he probably meant, and I had butterflies in my stomach flittering around the ENTIRE time I was wondering around in Charming Charlie until he came back for me. When he finally made it back, he was holding a paper Chick-Fil-A bag. When I asked about it, he just shrugged and said it was so I couldn't tell what it was. When we got back to the house, he just sat it on the desk next to his computer and left it there. . . Staring at me. Tempting me. But, I have pretty decent self-control and I knew I'd know what it was eventually.
         The butterflies I felt in my stomach that day at the mall was nothing compared to the knots that I was feeling now as he was walking down the walk way, getting closer and closer. He was so handsome, I couldn't stop watching him. After what felt like an eternity, he had me in his arms. He smelled wonderful, looked wonderful, and he was grinning ear to ear, making his eyes smile. This man absolutely loved me. I had never been so sure of anything in my life!
      We tried a few poses that Amanda had in mind and then made our way to the beach. The sun was far gone now. It was twilight. Jonathan walked me over by the water and attempted to dance with me. He does this a lot. . . And I love it.
But I just hugged him, giving him a tight squeeze. He looked me in the eyes and said, "Are you happy?" I looked at him and asked if he was crazy. Haha, "Of course I'm happy!" He followed with, "Are you ready for this? You ready to blow through the next nine months with me?" After I nodded, he said, "Well then will you do something for me?"
He got down on one knee as he pulled something small from his side pocket. . .

      "Will you marry me?"
 

     
      I'm pretty sure that I blanked out in happiness, because he had to ask me twice before a squeaked out an excited, "YES!!!!"
      I remember slipping off my pearl promise ring so he could put my ENGAGEMENT RING on my finger!!! It was perfect!! In fact, everything was perfect. Him, the moment, the atmosphere around us. It was like a dream. . . And the best part was that I got the whole entire thing on camera.
 
 
: 12-31-14 : The Best New Year's Eve. Ever:



 
 
I love this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment